For Aiden’s End-Of-Year party, I made Beach Bear Cupcakes! This is my go-to cupcake recipe. For the cupcake and the icing, I obviously used blue food-coloring. You’ll also need:
-Blue Crystal Sprinkles
2/3 c. butter, soft
1 3/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
3 c. flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
3. In a large bowl mix butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat eggs in one at a time. Combine dry ingredients. Stir into batter alternately with milk.
4. Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in preheated oven.
2 oz (60g) butter, softened
3 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
A dash of salt
1. Whip butter in an electric mixer on medium speed for about 8 minutes or until it becomes creamy.
2. Pour in rest of the ingredients and continue blending them on low speed for a minute, then change the speed and keep mixing for another 6 minutes or until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. You can also add food coloring.
1. Use food coloring to make icing blue. Spread on each cupcake.
2. Use food processor to crush at least a cup of teddy grahams. (This is your sand.) Spread in half moon shape on the cupcake.
3. Sprinkle the blue crystal sprinkles on remaining icing.
4. Stick bears in their inner tubes and place on the icing. And you’re done!
Cute, easy, and a huge hit with the kids!
Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
Click here to follow me on Instagram!
Click here to “like” Not Just Another Teen Mom on Facebook!